Please Note: Thumpernet is not responsible for any long distance phone bills if you use the wrong phone number. If in doubt.. CALL us!! 282-0020
Click for printer-friendly version
Full Listing of available areas
||(315) 579-5450 or 579-5451
(no need to use these settings with Windows 95/98/ME/NT/XP/VISTA
||184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11
|To Add Thumpernet Dial-up under Windows 95/98/NT:
The Dialup Icon has been created...
- Click on My Computer
- Click on Dialup Network
- Click on Make New Connections
- Type in Thumpernet in the top box where it says My Connection (blue
- Click on Next
- Area Code should be 315, Telephone number (612-5450 if you are local to Auburn or 579-5450 if you are local to Downtown Syracuse).
- Click on Next
- Click on Finish
Now, to finish up...
- Right Click (right mouse button) on the Thumpernet Icon
- Click on Properties
- Click on Server Types
- Under Advanced Options
- Check Enable Software Compression ONLY
- Under Allowed network protocols:
- Check TCP/IP ONLY
- Click on OK
- mail server (both SMTP and POP3) =
|To Add Thumpernet Dial-up under Windows XP:
- Click "Start" go to "Connect To" Click "Show all Connections"
- Click "Create a New Connection" Click "Next"
- Check "Connect to the Internet" Click "Next"
- Check "Set up MY Connection Manually" Click "Next"
- Check "Connect using a dial-up modem" Click "Next"
- Fill in ISP name "Thumpernet" Click "Next"
- Fill in Dial-up number Click "NEXT"
- Fill in username, password, confirm password. You can leave both boxes checked. Click "Next"
- If you want a short cut on your desktop check the box and Click "Finish"
|To Add Thumpernet Dial-up under Windows VISTA:
- Click "Start" then Click "Connect To"
- Click "Set up a connection or network"
- Click "Set up a dial-up connection" Click "Next"
- Enter the dial-up phone number, user name, password, and connection name "Thumpernet".
- Do not check the "show characters" box
- You can check the "remember password" box if you wish
- You can also check the "Allow other people to use this connection" box if you wish
- If you click on the "Dialing Rules" link, you can make choices about disabling call waiting and such
- At this point you don't have a choice, Click "Connect", on the next screen you can click "skip"
- Then Click "Set up the connection anyways"
We recommed that you use a hardware modem (with an onboard DSP - Digial Signal Processor) and NOT a Win or Software modem.
Also, Conexant chipset modems are bad news...avoid them at all costs. We have had a lot of problems with connecting and dropped connections with Conexant chipset modems.